Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Something new....

Yesterday I set off on an adventure to find ingredients for this....

Wendy's Blog

I was mainly looking for the chia seeds and I heard they were at Whole Foods but I didn't want to go all the way into BR to get them.  I remembered we have a lovely little health food store out here in Gonzales called Horn of Plenty, here's their website if you're interested....

Horn of Plenty

They have lots of interesting things in there.  I could do a whole blog post on the strange things I saw.  They did have my chia seeds so I bought those and set out to Walmart for everything else.  Here's my setup this morning....

I chose the chocolate almond milk but I also have the vanilla almond milk that I will try with this recipe as well.  I measured everything out and put it in my Magic Bullet.  It took some extra blending because I wanted to make sure the spinach was all ground up.  Here's what my concoction looked like...


Not so much green, more of a greenish, brownish, grayish color.  I know it looks disgusting and I was scared to even taste it at first but honestly all I could taste was the banana and peanut butter.  It wasn't terrible and I drank the whole thing and made a happy cup!


Right now I'm pretty full and that's a good thing.  I think I'll try this out the rest of the week and see what it does for me.  I need to figure out the calories, that's the one thing I didn't have time to do today.

1 comment:

  1. Ok I need to try it. I've been worried about the spinach. I ordered protein powder yesterday.

    ReplyDelete